Download Facetime for Mac 10.6 8 Updated

Download Facetime for Mac 10.6 8

Been going effectually on this for a couple hours. Downloaded version i.0.5 for 99¢ from Apple on my 17" MBP that is ten.6.8.

I can sign in to the App store. But I cannot sign in to Facetime. Keeps giving me an mistake in processing to the server no matter what credentials I utilise.

I've made sure that my clock is set to automated. I can find no certificate that is named annihilation like what multiple support pages say. I have edited my hosts file slightly.

Is this a ruby herring? Does Apple sell this simply not permit Snow Leopard to use Facetime? I'd rather know that at present than keep trying to go this to piece of work.

Anyone got any ideas?

The API FaceTime uses changed since x.half dozen.eight, then older FaceTime tin't connect any more. Neither tin can an iPhone four running older iOSes.

It may non exist the example and I'm not sure if it still works, but to connect some older devices/apps to an Apple ID using ii pace or 2 gene authentication, you would try appending the unique half dozen digit lawmaking to the end of your countersign.

Last edited:

It utilise to work less than a yr a become, but mine no longer works on 10.vi & ten.7, so you lot aren't alone. I got my .99 cents worth for the last few years, then i can't complain actually. Wish it still worked however.

Cheers

The API FaceTime uses changed since x.6.8, so older FaceTime can't connect any more. Neither tin can an iPhone iv running older iOSes.

Thank you guys. I tin can terminate going downward this rabbit hole that leads nowhere so. Capeesh it.
[automerge]1574167088[/automerge]

Did you endeavour the option of an app-specific password, when you lot try to log into your account inside FaceTime?

I really made a new Apple ID with 2FA left off. I'd endeavor turning it on and giving it an app-specific password but based on the above I uncertainty it volition work.
[automerge]1574167137[/automerge]

If an app is non compatible with a version of the OS then Apple tree doesn't more often than not let you download information technology.

I was able to download it after paying 99¢. Information technology simply does not connect.
[automerge]1574167177[/automerge]

It may not exist the case and I'1000 not sure if it still works, but to connect some older devices/apps to an Apple ID using 2 step or 2 factor authentication, you would endeavour appending the unique 6 digit code to the end of your password.

Yeah, information technology just isn't able to login and so trigger the system to requite me a lawmaking.
[automerge]1574167217[/automerge]

FaceTime has never worked for me in ten.six.viii, from when it kickoff came to the App Store.

Thanks :)

Hugh

Cheers! Apple got a free dollar from me, LOL. :rolleyes:

Could you not inquire for a refund (information technology's only $0.99 but all the same...) every bit the "app" has become useless?

I could. I just don't know if information technology'due south worth the attempt. :)

In principle, you should go that dollar back. As is the case many a time, Apple sold you lot (and go along to sell) something they know does not work, in this instance with x.6.

On the flipside, if they did not know FaceTime for 10.6 has bug, then people need to beginning demanding their money back, because as a result, they'll exist forced to take a 2d look at what might be so wrong with their app, and hopefully either ready it or pull it from availability.

Or they'll do something stupid like cut off Snow Leopard admission to the App Store.

If eyoungren actually wanted their dollar dorsum I'd say go for it, but I don't think they should experience obligated to make a point either. That could go either manner.

Download Facetime for Mac 10.6 8

Posted by: dunlapfaturaved.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments